The New England Chapter of the North American Lake Management wants to remind you that the Annual Symposium is almost here!
Oct 27 – 31, 2009 * Hartford, CT
Designed for environmental and watershed professionals, federal, state and municipal agency personnel, monitoring coordinators, lakeside residents, lake or watershed association leaders or members – this diverse conference has something for everyone!
- Pre- and post conference workshops offer hands on training on topics ranging from watershed modeling, identifying aquatic plant, an introduction to electrofishing, writing effectively to starting a volunteer monitoring program – and much in between. (Descriptions available on line!)
- Technical sessions bring together national (and international) experts from the fields of remote sensing, invasive species, cyanobacteria, lake policy and management, and many more!
- Vendors representing lake management, water quality monitoring equipment, education and outreach programs and more will be on hand to share their product and services. Booths are filling fast – so don’t miss out on the chance to get the word out about your business!
- Special events – taking advantage of our location on the beautiful Connecticut River, our annual 5K walk and run will be in parkland along and over the river. On Friday night we invite everyone to experience a traditional New England Clambake – complete with a boat ride up river to Riverfront Recapture’s (http://www.riverfront.org/) boathouse (additional fee required!
- Lake and Watershed Stewards special registration package provides lake and watershed association members access to the technical sessions of their choice on Friday and workshops on Saturday for a much reduced price – but these subsidized packages are limited – so act fast!
Please see www.nalms.org for information about exhibiting, sponsorship, registration, including our special Lake and Watershed Stewards package, as well as special events. This year we are expecting a spectacular foliage season with unusually vibrant colors here in New England and the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection’s foliage report estimates that the peak will occur during the conference. With some much to do so close by, Hartford will be a great place to not only network with lake and watershed folks, but to bring the whole family!
Don’t miss this chance – NALMS won’t be back in New England for years!
NALMS 2009 Conference Committee